Algorithm Engineer - Deep Learning
in US - CA - Sunnyvale
Rapiscan Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Our products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband. Rapiscan Systems security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities. As the world's leading security screening provider, Rapiscan Systems provides state-of-the-art products, solutions and services to meet our customers' most demanding threat detection needs.
The Algorithm Engineer - Deep Learning will investigate new detection techniques for explosives, nuclear materials, narcotics and other threats for homeland security.
- Design, develop and test automated detection algorithms based on analysis of X-ray images (dual-energy and multi-energy, multi-view transmission, backscatter, Computed Tomography, etc.).
- Deliver fully functional software per schedule as agreed upon during project's planning phase.
- Work individually or collaborate with other team members.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Rapiscan Systems employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related degree, Ph.D. preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience highly desirable. No experience acceptable with Ph.D. designation.
- Experience building computer vision solutions with tools such as TensorFlow, Torch, Theano, or MXNet.
- Experience with image processing, machine learning and deep learning.
- Strong coding skills in Python, C, C++ for Windows and Linux environments preferred.
- Experience with Multi-Threading, GPU programming and CUDA highly desirable.
- Experience with Matlab, Boost, R, SQL and OpenCV desirable.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, as required by our contract with the US Government.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.