Software Engineer - Algorithms
in US - CA - Torrance
Rapiscan Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Our products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband. Rapiscan Systems security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities. As the world's leading security screening provider, Rapiscan Systems provides state-of-the-art products, solutions and services to meet our customers' most demanding threat detection needs.
Rapiscan Systems is seeking a Software Engineer to work collaboratively with Algorithm Engineers to develop and maintain new or improved image inspection algorithms for the detection of explosives, nuclear materials, narcotics and other threat for homeland security. Support the design and development of field deployable solutions.
- Software development and support across a range of products which use Machine Vision algorithms.
- Contribution to the development of new or improved algorithms.
- Implement solutions and integrate with existing algorithm software, support existing algorithm development and debugging.
- Ability to read and understand existing code and make changes to it if needed.
- Set up and maintenance of image databases, batch processing of images, documenting analysis procedures, and statistical evaluation of images and data.
- Participate in all phases of software development: requirements analysis, design documentation, implementation, validation, and production release.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred; Master’s Degree a plus.
- 3+ years of software development experience highly desirable.
- OO development skills using C++, Python, Boost, and MySQL for Windows and Linux.
- Multi-threading, source code control, Java, OpenCV and Image Processing experience a huge plus.
- Background in the ability to take complex mathematical solutions and implement.
- Familiarity with all phases of the software development life cycle including technical requirements definition, design documentation, implementation, testing, and debugging.
- Interest in Algorithm Development, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Real Time Processing for 2D and 3D images preferred.
- High and low level UML design documentation experience valuable.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, as required by our contract with the US Government.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret Clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.