Field Service Technician
in US - NY - New York
Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud. We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology—or multiple X-ray technologies—to address each customer’s unique security application requirements. Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.
Under general supervision, s/he performs field service functions by installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and servicing all Rapiscan security products at customer sites. Typically handles basic, less complex products and/or problems, referring more complex problems to higher-level technicians. The FST must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Technician to be part of our fast paced and quality focused team. The candidate for this position will need to be based out of the New York, NY area.
- Provides support to regional customers by installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining x-ray security systems using built-in diagnostics and external test equipment.
- Performs and documents basic, preventative and remedial maintenance. Replaces defective units/components as appropriate.
- Sets up and utilizes specialized test and diagnostic equipment to isolate malfunctions.
- Assists in the conduct of equipment/system acceptance testing following established procedures.
- Performs site acceptance tests with the help of more senior-level technicians.
- Assists with performing systems demonstrations at customer sites.
- Prepares and documents the details of the “fix” to the problem from each customer site upon completion of the visit. Information put into Navision, as well as an internally designed database.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Rapiscan Systems employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Graduate of technical school and/or military training in electronics engineering technology preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a field service environment highly desired, with a strong desire to learn X-ray.
- Must have knowledge of electronic and mechanical assemblies, as well as wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Knowledge of complex mechanical systems, familiarity with test equipment (DVM and oscilloscope) and experience with High Voltage and X-ray producing equipment preferred.
- Customer interface and communication skills, both verbal and written, are highly desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to work overtime as requested and non-standard hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be team player with ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight.
- Must be available to travel on short notice, non-standard hours, travel on weekends, and assist other field sites as required.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds.
Must pass Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) system.
Must be able to obtain a Sensitive Security Information (SSI) clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, as required by our contract with the US Government.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for the Security and Healthcare divisions, as well as to external original equipment manufacturer clients for application in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.