in UK - Surrey
To undertake all duties in relation to importing and exporting. Liaising with sales, service, operations and customers to ensure consignments are prepared, dispatched and received with compliant commercial documentation and on time.
- Communicate with relevant department & warehouse to have orders packed up in time for collection/delivery.
- Arrange freight quotations for customers, internal teams and agents.
- Prepare export documentation for sales and service orders
- Processing import documentation for customs clearance and archiving import related paperwork
- Liaise with internal departments, freight forwarders, official agencies and customers.
- Prepare certificates of origin and legalisation of documents
- Posting sales orders in preparation for invoicing.
- Update and maintain machine serial number list.
- RMA’s, SRMA for demo and customer orders.
- Assist Logistics Manager in his/her duties.
- Assist Shipping team in their duties and cover their job when required.
- Any other adhoc duties when required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role within multimodal logistics.
- Incoterms and Shipping Terminology –ESSENTIAL.
- Understanding Commodity Codes and the Tariff System.
- Hazardous Goods Awareness.
- Good Mathematical and English standards.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Team orientated.
- Commercially astute.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Willingness to participate in internal or external training as required
- Microsoft Excel and Navision ( or similar )
- Good level of education (“A” level or equivalent)