in US - CO - Longmont
Rapiscan Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Our products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband. Rapiscan Systems security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities.
This is a dynamic, evolving role in which the Manufacturing Engineer will work with the Plant operations and Logistics and will be part of cross-functional teams comprised of R&D, Product Marketing, Manufacturing and Supply chain.
- Contribute to all stages of product development
- Assist with the planning, design, purchase, and/or implementation of integrated manufacturing, assembly or fabrication processes in a manufacturing plant.
- Help determine the manufacturing processes required to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
- Work with engineering to identify problems with product and performance; may recommend solutions or enhancements.
- Assist with plans and designs methods to improve efficiency in production.
- Work to improve equipment availability and capability by utilizing continuous improvement tools and working cross functionally.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains product and process data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Finalize engineering documents, Bill of Materials, assist in pricing.
- Assist in requirements definitions for production and acceptance testing.
- Work with Rapiscan development engineers, customers and sub-contractors.
- Verify proper transfer and implementation of engineering changes in production.
- Take part in finding solutions for development and production issues, including parts obsolescence and production improvement.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- 2-3 years related experience
- PMP certification highly desirable
- Excellent Word, Excel and Power Point skills
- MS Project skills highly desirable
- Ability to manage schedules and meet deadlines
- Hardworking team player with initiative skills
- Independent and capable of working on tasks from start to end
- Sharp thinking and good decision making skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, as required by our contract with the US Government.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.