Product Marketing Specialist - Conventional
in US - CA - Torrance
Rapiscan Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Our products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband. Rapiscan Systems security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities.
The Product Marketing Specialist for Conventional products, will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for Baggage and Parcel Inspection, People Screening and Trace Detection of Rapiscan Systems product lines. The PMS will craft the messaging and positioning for the conventional products specifically to the un-regulated security screening markets. The position will develop and execute product specific marketing plans that will increase product revenue and profitability. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In this role, the Product Marketing Specialisr will be the expert in unregulated markets and buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates Rapiscan conventional products in the market
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales and distribution channel teams and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of the products
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – be the expert on the buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them
- Gather and disseminate competitive intelligence, including information on competitor’s products, wins and losses, features and technical capabilities.
- Deliver sales and product training to the global sales channels on key product features and benefits, how to position the product against the competition.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Rapiscan Systems employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- 5+ years of demonstrated progressive experience in B2B or B2G product marketing, preferably with a manufacturing or technology firm
- BA/BS degree, preferably in science or engineering, hghly desired
- MBA with emphasis in marketing or business management a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated technical and / or engineering capability, either as a result of formal education or experience
- Experience providing support to sales, business development and or proposal management teams resulting in successful business capture.
- An understanding of best practices for writing product requirements
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.