Sales Application Engineer
in UK - Stoke-on-Trent
A Sales Applications Engineer is a key contributor to the sales process. Reporting to the Technical Sales group this role is the technical interface between the customer and the PLM and Sales Operations group. Successful candidates have a technical background and have excellent customer relations skills, is detailed oriented, and has good written and verbal communication skills
RESPONSIBILITIES and GOALS:
- Create and deliver presentations to customers at various stages of the sales cycle, from initial prospecting to presentation of AS&E proposals.
- Listen, understand and clearly communicate customer requirements. Prepare written Customer Requirement Documents.
- Perform detailed site surveys, in order to define correct system configurations to meet customer and application requirements.
- Work with Sales Operations and others in order to create winning proposals for AS&E's offerings.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs, including creating compliance matrices and creating technical write-ups for proposal content.
- Identify any non-compliant items in proposals, and work with Product Management and Engineering to evaluate and determine appropriate response
- Work directly with engineering and PLM to support the development and maintenance of technical product specification.
- Educate customers, and company sales channels, on company products, technologies, and capabilities.
- Support customer factory visits by creating and delivering presentations and conducting product demonstrations.
- Develop demonstration assets that effectively highlight capabilities of the product.
- Develop and conduct evaluations for assessing product effectiveness against customer requirements.
- Remain flexible and willing to deviate from a plan with minimal impact.
- Bachelor Degree in technical discipline or equivalent work experience. Degree in Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science discipline is preferred.
- 5 to 10+ years of Technical matter expert with large integrated systems. Ideally, candidate would have applicable technical sales/applications experience with X-ray inspection, security systems, civil works/construction, or systems integration/networking.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills.
- Direct experience writing technical proposals, ideally experience in creating technical proposals and system requirements documentation.
- Availability to travel up to 40-50% in support of customer sales opportunities.
- Ability to travel worldwide.
- AutoCAD, Modeling or Simulation software experience is desirable.
- A Foreign language (Germany, French, Russian, and/or Arabic) is desirable.