Senior Field Service Technician / Global Product Specialist
in US - CA - Torrance
Rapiscan Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Our products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband. Rapiscan Systems security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities.
Provides the Global Service Organization with a dedicated technical Product Specialist focusing on our new Hold Baggage Screening HBS security system, the RTT. The holder of this position is responsible for ensuring that proper support arrangements are planned, implemented and sustained for all products assigned to them. They will also be expected to behave in a way likely to enhance the Company’s reputation for providing ‘caring, effective, long-term product after sales support’. Compliance with all company policies, procedures and guidelines is essential at all times.
- Resolve calls or e-mails escalated from a 1st Line or Triage Team.
- Provide a second tier of expert product specific support for technical product issues not resolved by the 1st Line or Triage Team.
- Validate Product Specific Complaints – Establish that any complaint received is not caused by user error, configuration error, outdated software or hardware, or one-off failure of a Field Replaceable Unit. Recommend appropriate additional trouble shooting steps. Gather and qualify required data.
- Assist with field investigations – Provide expert, on-site, support for field staff when necessary to fulfill above responsibilities.
- Escalate Issues That Cannot Be Resolved By Service – Typically to RA/QA, Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations Departments having previously completed all above steps. Facilitate the smooth transition of such issues to these departments department.
- Assist with Management of Corrective Actions – Provide expert assistance and recommend scheduling proposals to the field teams responsible for these actions.
- Produce Product Service Plans – Create a comprehensive plan and implementation schedule to ensure Global Service Organization and distributor readiness for the launch and ultimate withdrawal of a product.
- Write/Validate Service Manuals – To write and/or validate suitable Service Manuals prior to release.
- Write Technical Bulletins – Create and ensure appropriate distribution of all documents detailing changes to products’ technical specification or service arrangements or facilitate Corrective Action programs.
- Create Technical Training Course Material – Work with the Senior Manager, Global Technical Training to produce all training materials required to teach suitably qualified technical students to: (1) Operate the equipment. (2) Meet Preventive maintenance requirements. (3) Provide Corrective Maintenance (4) Design and complete an Installation.
- Installation Assistance – provide expert assistance to the Global Service Organization and distributors when planning and completing installations of an unusually complex nature.
- Represent Service in the New Product Development Process – ensure that NPD process’ Service requirements are fully met and to properly promote Global Service Organization’s requirements.
- This flexible time appointment may require shift work or participation in an on-call rotation.
- International and Domestic Travel may be required but will not exceed 50% per annum.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Rapiscan Systems employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- A recognized degree in a related subject.
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Minimum of 10 years Technical Support experience.
- Previous experience providing International Technical Support is desirable
- Previous experience as a Field Service Technician is desirable.
- Previous experience with High Speed Explosive Detection Systems is desirable, e.g.
- Familiar with L3 Examiner Series
- Familiar with Invision/Morpho CTX Series
- Previous experience with PLC and Baggage Handling System integration is desirable
- Previous experience with Network Servers and Switches is desirable
- Must be able to obtain a US Security Clearance (DHS TSA SSI level)
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.