Senior Engineering Technician
in US - CO - Longmont
Rapiscan Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Our products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband. Rapiscan Systems security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities.
We are seeking a Senior Engineering Technician to test, build, modify, repair, trouble shoot and debug electronic and electrical equipment and devices by applying knowledge of electronics in determining device operation to parametric limits and/or equipment malfunctions in restoring equipment to operation.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic theory and principles, in particular a knowledge of Op-Amps, discrete devices (transistors & diodes), digital devices, some properties of wiring specifications, various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment, including, but not limited to, oscilloscopes, signal generators and various multi-meters.
- Plan details of working procedures to straight forward testing and determine material or replacement needs, as well as adopting a logical approach to fault finding problems.
- Service electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuit modules, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
- Make sketches of parts and layout; design and construct adaptations of component parts or standard parts as required.
- Upholds the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Rapiscan Systems employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Associate Degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering preferred
- 10 + years of experience in related field highly desired
- PC experience, especially with Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of PCB layout software is a big plus
- Knowledge and experience of embedded circuits and Optoelectronic components a huge plus
- Extensive technical knowledge of electronics components and electronic testing desired
- Experience developing automated testing systems
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, as required by our contract with the US Government
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.