Sr. Software Engineer
in US - CO - Longmont
Rapiscan Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Our products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband. Rapiscan Systems security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work in our Longmont, CO location to develop and maintain new or improved software products, procedures, and techniques. Responsibilities include providing innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to meet technical objectives and timing. This position will participate in activities to define and implement frameworks and design practices, as well as in knowledge-sharing activities.
- Use industry standard development methods to Build/Release products.
- Provide support including troubleshooting, problem determination, coding fixes and enhancements to the products.
- Participate in all phases of software development: requirements analysis, design documentation, implementation, validation, and production release.
- Work independently or collaboratively to expand the functionality of our Windows-based imaging systems.
- Analyze and correct software issues reported by our test team or customers.
- Write and maintain complex application programs.
- Perform all phases of applications systems analyses and design.
- Formulate scope and objectives of the systems through research and fact finding to develop or modify the most complex software programs.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Maintain and document software programs.
- Perform software and systems testing procedures, bug verification, release testing and beta support.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
- Prepare technical reports for use by Engineering and management personnel.
- Provide guidance to and assist in training lower-level personnel.
- Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consult with Hardware Engineers and other Engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years hand-on experience in Software Engineering.
- Experience developing applications with real-time requirements and complex machine control logics.
- Good oral communications and software documentation skills.
- Hardware/Software integration and system trouble shooting experience.
- Experience developing in C#
- Experience developing with .NET, COM, ATL, and STL.
- Experience developing schemas and mining data from relational databases such as SQL Server, mysql, postgres.
- Experience in designing and debugging multi-threaded applications.
- InstallShield development experience desirable.
- Familiarity with all phases of the software development life cycle including technical requirements definition, design documentation, implementation, testing, and debugging.
- High and low level UML design documentation experience valuable.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.