in US - CA - Torrance
Rapiscan Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Our products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband. Rapiscan Systems security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities.
The Training Manager is responsible for establishing the strategic direction and manager the deployment of employee training content at Rapiscan Systems, while ensuring ease and efficiency of end-user access. Primary expectations include the development of appropriate training strategies and materials to deliver employee training for all Rapiscan Systems employees. The Training Manager will oversee the development of training matrices and partner with OSI’s Global Training Manager for use of and tracking through the Learning Management System (LMS) Success Factors, throughout the Company. In addition, he/she will ensure compliance with the delivery and tracking of training mandates. This role will initially focus on the U.S., with the potential to expand globally.
- Act as primary learning administrator and be responsible for the setup, tracking and delivery of learning activities and content within our learning management system (LMS).
- Collaborate with key management throughout the organization to ensure in-depth understanding of business needs for the employee training system and that the system and its contents are aligned with these needs.
- Assume a leadership role in the development, implementation and delivery of educational products and innovative educational technologies for internal and external customers, including e-learning tools. Be able to develop content and present to stakeholders.
- Work closely with employees, managers and supervisors to develop training matrices and course curriculums for affected Rapiscan employees.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of eLearning systems, employee training certifications, training programs, and educational materials.
- Maintain standards for all internally developed training – e.g. testing, pass/fail rates, content design.
- Be able to produce customized reports for stakeholders and leadership, e.g., reporting and analytics around training.
- Develop tools for evaluating training effectiveness and ensuring that the training programs are meeting the needs of the business.
- Ensure that all regulatory and compliance training requirements are implemented and maintained in a compliant manner.
- Establish, implement, and enforce standard procedures and practices around content development and deployment to ensure consistent and well-integrated content structure.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the training process driven by new regulations, industry standards, new technologies, and internal business needs.
- Periodically apprise executive and senior management of major and important training issues, including trends in findings.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- Ensure that direct report(s) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge and adherence to the company’s values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies.
Education, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Learning and Development, or a related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
- 5 – 8+ years of relevant work experience in a training system leadership role required.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams desirable.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency with Microsoft systems (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) required.
- Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems and implementation experience required.
- Proven ability to lead large scale projects from requirements definition through production and effectively manage scope, schedule, cost, quality, and resources.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Certifications/Licenses:
- Strong knowledge of adult learning, educational techniques, instructional design, and training principles.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and motivating employees.
- Ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to learn complex systems and business processes and define requirements for solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan and implement resolutions to problems.
- Demonstrated project management skills including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including attention to detail; strong questioning and listening skills; and the ability to look beyond obvious answers in order to understand the impact on other areas is required.
- The ability to make effective presentations to all levels of the organization is required.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines is required.
- The ability to work in both a collaborative (team) environment as well as working independently is required.
- Experience working with diverse cultures and employees.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Highest ethical standards and integrity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for the Security and Healthcare divisions, as well as to external original equipment manufacturer clients for application in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.