Vice President, Program Management
in US - CA - Torrance
Rapiscan Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Our products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband. Rapiscan Systems security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities.
The Vice President, Program Management is the lead executive for ensuring effective and compliant delivery and contractual performance for all conventional aviation programs at Rapiscan Systems – including development programs, and federal and commercial customer management. As such, the Vice President will work with multiple Rapiscan product divisions and operational departments to coordinate delivery of products, services, and all contract deliverables and reporting information. This role reports directly to Rapiscan's President.
The Program Management team, led by the Vice President, is responsible for reporting on programs including program risks, performance status and resolution plans to senior management and the customer. Additionally this team is responsible for planning and executing programs to strict deadlines and within program budget. This includes acquiring and managing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver programs according to plan.
- Develop and manage the appropriate organizational structure to meet business objectives with a strong management operating system to assess and continuously monitor program achievability, including financial, quality, timeliness and customer satisfaction goals, communicating program status to relevant parties, escalating issues as appropriate, and customer interface
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate company risk associated with contract non-compliance.
- Establish and approve costs and delivery plans for all proposals.
- Develop intercompany plans with product divisions and operational departments who will be supplying products and services to satisfy contract deliverables.
- Executive management of operational, product, quality and service issues associated with intercompany supply arrangements.
- P/L performance of all Programs.
- Professional development and management of key staff members through effective goal setting, performance management, training opportunities, coaching, and mentoring.
- Develop key metrics to track and manage performance.
- Develop and deliver progress reports.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the programs.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic business plan with the Rapiscan Executive Management team and work effectively within the team to achieve planned goals/objectives.
- Follow corporate policies and technical procedures.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- Ensure that direct report(s) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge and adherence to the company’s values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies.
- It is the responsibility of every Rapiscan Systems employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Business Management or Engineering required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Program Management Certification mandatory
- 7+ years of direct work experience in a program management capacity, including all aspects of life cycle management/process development and direct management of program managers required.
- Extensive experience with managing programs implemented internationally desired.
- Strong background and understanding of government agencies, security policy and regulations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management with experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to manage the local contract group and work with other functional groups remotely is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law