VP Global RTT Operations
in UK - Surrey
Rapiscan Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Our products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband. Rapiscan Systems security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities.
The Vice President, Global RTT Operations plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of the Operations function of the division. S/he is responsible for the performance of all department fuctions - Manufacturing, Material Management, Order Services, Engineering, Product Line Management and Program Management..
- Reviews and approves adequate plans for the control of planned outputs, budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, engineering effectiveness, customer service, and order entry efficiency, along with human capital utilization.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards.
- Provides reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Presents monthly reports on performance as requested by the President.
- Develops and presents to the President matters requiring decision.
- Develops and recommends corporate operations policy within the RTT Operations Department.
- Defines and recommends objectives in each area of RTT Operations.
- Develops specific short-term and long term plans and programs, together with supporting budget requests and financial estimates.
- Develops plans for new areas of technology for the manufacturing functions along with sufficient planning for areas that support the mission of the corporation within operations.
- Follow corporate policies and technical procedures.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- Ensure that direct report(s) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge and adherence to the company’s values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business, MBA in Business Administration strongly desired
- A minimum of 8 years as a Vice President of Operations in a global manufacturing company, with the responsibilities of production, purchasing, quality, process improvement, supply chain, inventory control, production control and engineering as well as shipping, receiving and warehousing.
- Sound business skills, well-developed management skills- principles and people.
- Experience in working in a nonunion environment.
- Experience managing multi-cultural employee base across geographical locations
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.